A while ago I signed up for the Pillow Talk swap on Instagram. I absolutely could not resist it as it was my favourite swap back in the days when Flickr was fun to use. My partner is a fan of scrappy so I decided to resize my Octastring block for an epic mini version.
Each block finishes up around 6″ and as each block is made up of 9 patches they are rather time consuming, well over 20 hours of work to get it to this point, but I think the end result is worth it.
Prepare for photo overload, I wanted to remember what each of the blocks looked like.
I echo quilted each of the blocks with a pink variegated Aurifil thread as I wanted the quilting to be simple and fade into the background as there was already so much going on with the scrappiness.
For the back of the cushion I used one of my favourite prints from Anna Maria Horner with the pink solid for a bit of continuity.
Before sending it on to its new owner I had to get a picture of it with the original Octastring quilt. I will admit this was a really tough one to part with!
I really hope my partner loves it as much as I do! Catch you soon x