I decided that I wanted to use them for cushion fronts so I needed to make 2 more blocks: Block 2
and block 7 went together very quickly…
…then it was just a case of deciding on the layout for the 4 different blocks. Here’s the one I went with.
I was a bit unsure how to quilt this as there was so much going on in the blocks. Initially I just outline quilted but that wasn’t quite enough so I decided to do lots of lines that didn’t necessarily echo the existing shapes.
You’ll see what I mean in this close-up. It’s not perfect but it’ll do! I used Aurifil 5006 which is a light teal colour and was just right for this job.
I gave the other block the same treatment then it was time to transform them into cushions. I backed them both with the gorgeous floral print by Melody Miller.
I couldn’t resist keeping the selvedge intact on one of them 🙂
I’m in love with them so I’m hoping you’ll excuse my rather over-the-top photographic coverage…
|on a chair|
|Close-upon the dresser|
|On the dresser|
They’ve found a resting place on the family room sofa for now 🙂
I’m delighted to finally cross this WIP off my list! I’m not sure how much further I’ll get with my FAL list as I’ve got a ton of secret sewing to do which I’m impatient to be able to share with you very soon. I hope you’ve all been enjoying the nice weather this weekend. Catch you soon x