I’ve been hacking away at my sewing to do list this week. I fancied a change from quilts so yesterday I started and finished a snazzy Little Red Riding Hood cape! Get me 😉 It’s a pattern from an Oliver and S book
. This is the most complex clothing pattern that I have tried to date. I was slightly disturbed as it was marked as one of the easiest patterns in the book, that just shows what a rookie I am when it comes to clothes. Anyway, I pulled up the big girl panties and got on with it. I traced the pattern pieces onto Freezer paper so I could dispense with some of the pins. I hate pinning patterns to fabric, I always manage to shift the layers, luckily the freezer paper stuck well enough that I could rotary cut around most of them without pins 🙂
I used a lovely red, stiff linen/cotton blend fabric from Ikea for the outer cape…
and a red cross-hatch print from Summersville for the lining. I’m mightily pleased with the end result.
The detailing in this pattern is gorgeous. Look at these cute little arm holes.
I didn’t really know how to take photos of it to show you how cute it is in use. This is for my 3 year old cousin and we won’t be seeing her to get photos so Jess very kindly offered to model it for me 🙂 So funny!! I’m sure you’ll love her work!
See how well it works with the leather jacket and the red skinny jeans 😉
Jess looks like she’s stood in the naughty corner here 🙂
Finally, my all time favourite picture of the cape, I have actual tears from this one 🙂 Thanks to Jess for allowing me to post these very silly photos of her for our amusement xx
Normal service shall be resumed soon. Hope you all have a good (bank holiday) weekend. Catch you soon xx