Project 1 is covered

I’ve spent the last few days fiddling around with my first project for my partner in the For the love of solids swap. I decided to make a sewing machine cover as I had the digits for my partner’s machine. It fits my machine nicely, so if my partner doesn’t like it she can always send it back to me πŸ˜‰ I don’t seem to be able to capture the colours at all in photos; they look kind of like pastels here which is a shame as they are vivid bright colours in reality.

The same is true of the solid I’ve used for the other half of the cover. It’s a very vivid teal with bright orange perle cotton embroidery.
This close-up of the embroidery is slightly closer to the actual colour but is still a bit bleached.
I used loops of orange ribbon for the fastenings at the sides. They just need to be wrapped around the button on each side to hold in place. I used clashing red buttons as that seems to be the way I’m rolling at the moment πŸ™‚
Here it is all folded up and waiting for the second project to be completed(read started!)
The second item will have to wait a few days as I have to pull my finger out and make something for Yvonne’s birthday (this Sunday!). I’m making a crafting apron for her, that much is no secret as I asked her what she would like. You’ll have to wait until after Sunday to see that though… so there’s no risk of peeking πŸ™‚ Catch you soon x
Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Project 1 is covered

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s