…the much anticipated affair with the Farmer 🙂 Unfortunately after weeks of lusting and dreaming of the romantic romp in the hay what I actually got was more like a drunken fumble behind the bike sheds!! I blame myself, there was no way he was going to live up to all those expectations and frankly I am far too impatient. For a change I thought I’d start at the beginning of the book and work my way through in the mistaken belief things would start easy and get progressively more difficult! First mistake! #26 enter the extreme miniature triangle…or more accurately 48 of the little buggers. By the time I sewed them together they appeared to have shrunk beyond recognition and were way smaller than the square I was supposed to attach them to. So I abandoned them…
..true to form I made them slightly bigger to start with hoping to end up at the required size but these were way too big!! Cue the air turning blue….new larger squares were rapidly cut in different fabric and this is the result. Way too big and totally wrong in every aspect.
The fabrics don’t have enough contrast to show off the mini half square triangles, the finished block is 2″ too big and generally it just looks poo! Even on point it looks rubbish. Oh well, I might give him another chance when I’ve got over the inital disappointment.
Typically, even from her sick bed the Farmer’s wife (aka Yvonne) has produced some fabulous blocks. Clearly hand-sewing is the way to go……huh,no chance!
I think I’m definitely destined to be the Farmer’s occasional fling 😉