I had grand plans to start work on my projects for the Brit Quilt Swap and I heart the 80s swap but instead got carried away with some other mischief. I got it in my head that I wanted to make an octagon. So that’s exactly what I did!
I drew out an octagon on some muslin then chopped it into segments like the trivial pursuit wedges 🙂 I then chopped some strips out of Denyse Schmidt Hope valley and some organic cottons and randomly pieced each triangle segment. When all the segments were pieced I sewed them all together and this is the end result!
I’m going to leave this as an octagon. Not sure just yet what I’ll do with it but at least it looks pretty on my sewing table while I think about it 🙂