Weekend progress

I’m seriously hoping that the problems with Blogger are now over. Disappearing posts and comments is rather more unsettling than I would like!

The hiatus that ensued did give me plenty of time to get on with the Nesting Chairs project that I showed you earlier in the week. I sashed with a thin border to give a bit more distance from the circle for when I turn this into a cushion cover. I didn’t want the circle to disappear into my seam allowance 🙂

After my initial thoughts of using the nest as a quilting design I changed tack and went for a swirly free-motion pattern instead. I love how it turned out. I think you can just about see the pattern in this photo.

This afternoon I cracked on with my overdue Fresh Modern Bee 2 block for April. Leila sent us this gorgeous Anna Maria Horner fabric and asked for squares and rectangles. After a false start before the wedding I revisited it this afternoon and hope that this fits the bill. I did have some issues with the voile so I’m not convinced that this is the squarest block I’ve ever made 🙂

I’m off now to fulfill my swap mama duties for the Brit Quilt Swap on flickr. I know there are at least 11 ladies eagerly awaiting their swap partners 😉


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s